Part 2 - Products
A. NANA WALL SYSTEMS, INC.
100 Meadowcreek Drive #250
Corte Madera, CA 94925
Toll Free: (800) 873-5673
Telephone: (415) 383-3148
Fax: (415) 383-0312
A. Head Jamb, Tracks, Stacking Bays, and Sill: From manufacturer’s standard profiles, provide head tracks, stacking bays, and sill with dimensions shown on drawings. Provide thermally broken with polyamide plastic.
Clear anodized standard flush sill
[OR bronze anodized standard flush sill]
[OR clear anodized Low Profile Saddle Sill]
[OR bronze anodized Low Profile Saddle Sill]
[OR clear anodized Surface Mounted Interior Sill (not thermally broken)]
[OR bronze anodized Surface Mounted Interior Sill (not thermally broken)]
[OR no sill but with adjustable floor sockets].
1. Aluminum: Extrusions with nominal thickness of .078” (2 mm). Alloy specified as AlMgSi 0.5 with strength rated as 6063-T5 or F-22 (European standard). Finish: Anodized conforming to AAMA 611.
2. Clear anodized aluminum head track [OR aluminum head track with aluminum on both sides] [OR with aluminum covers and wood fascia on both sides].
B. Panels and Side Jambs: From manufacturer’s standard profiles, provide panels and side jambs with dimensions shown on drawings or as needed for panel stability.
1. Provide panels with:
Standard one lite
[OR with horizontal mullion(s) at specified height(s) from the bottom of the panel]
[OR with simulated divided lites in pattern as shown on drawings].
2. Provide stile width of 3 1/16” (78 mm) [OR 3 3/4” (95 mm)] [OR other] .
3. Provide standard top rail and bottom rail height of 3 3/4” (95 mm) [OR manufacturer's higher bottom rail with height specified between 5” and 12”].
4. Type of Wood: Solid, three layer, cross-grained, kiln dried. Veneered wood not allowed.
Douglas fir - PEFC
[OR European Pine]
[OR Western Hemlock]
[OR European Oak]
[OR Sapeli Mahogany]
[OR Cherry (interior applications only)]
[OR Maple (interior applications only)]
[OR Beech (interior applications only)]
[OR Laminated Bamboo (interior applications only)]
[OR other wood as selected]
[OR selected FSC wood on request]
5. Construction of wood panels to include close tolerance mortise and tenon, glued and pinned corners.
6. Wood Finish: Finishes to be water based, opened pored
Clear sanding sealer for stain
[OR base coat applied for paint]
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: Before installation, the unit must be field finished with at least two coats for a final protected finish.
1. Provide manufacturer’s standard glass and dry glazing with EPDM gaskets and glass stops on the inside only, which are fixed with hidden nails. Glass to comply with safety glazing requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16CFR 1201.
Double insulating clear safety glass with either total thickness of 15/16" (24 mm) with each pane being 5/32" (4 mm) thick or total thickness of 1 1/8" (28mm) with each pane being 1/4" (6mm) thick depending on panel size
[OR Double insulating Low E argon fill safety glass with either total thickness of 15/16" (24 mm) with each pane being 5/32" (4mm) thick or total thickness of 1 1/18" with each pane being 1/4" (6mm) thick depending on panel size]
[OR triple insulating Low E argon fill safety glass with total thickness of 1 1/8" (28 mm) composed of 3 panels of 5/32" (4mm)]
[OR 1/4" (6 mm) tempered]
[OR 1/4" (6 mm) laminated]
[OR 1 1/8" (28 mm) double insulating krypton [OR argon] filled Heat Mirror TC88 safety]
[OR other glass available from manufacturer].
2. For insulated units, provide manufacturer’s standard silver gray [OR dark bronze] glass spacers. Provide without capillary tubes [OR with capillary tubes].
D. Locking Hardware and Handles:
1. Main entry panel:
On the main entry panel for models with a swing panel, provide manufacturer’s standard lever handles on the inside and outside, a Schlage compatible lock set with lockable latch, multi-point locking with a dead bolt and rods at the top and bottom on primary panel. Rods to be concealed and not edge mounted. After turn of key or thumbturn, depression of handles withdraws latch. Lifting of handles engages rods and turn of key or thumb turn engages deadbolt and operates lock. If there are inactive swing panels, provide matching dummy lever handles on both sides and concealed flush bolts that operate the rods at the top and the bottom.
Stainless steel lever handles in a titanium black finish
[OR stainless steel lever handles in a brushed satin finish]
[OR oil rubbed bronze solid brass lever handles]
[OR satin nickel solid brass lever handles]
[OR on the main entry panel for models with a swing panel, provide manufacturer’s push/pull handles with separate lock set and dead bolt.
Push-pull handles in a brown nylon finish
[OR push-pull handles in a gray nylon finish]
[OR push-pull handles in a brushed stainless steel finish]
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: This option is recommended with a door closer but note that this will not be possible for a swing panel on a SwingSlide unit.
[OR on the main entry panel(s) for models with (a) swing panel(s), no hardware or locking to be provided by the manufacturer, but with field installed panic device by others.]
[OR on the sliding panel to be opened first for models without a swing panel, provide manufacturer’s standard L-shaped handle on the inside, flat handle on the outside and lock set with profile cylinder. Operation of lock set is by turn of key from the outside and with a thumbturn from the inside with a two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of the handle.]
Stainless steel L-shaped handles in a titanium black finish
[OR stainless steel L-shaped handles in a brushed satin finish]
[OR L-shaped handles in a brown nylon finish]
[OR L-shaped handles in a gray nylon finish]
[OR on the sliding panel to be opened first for models without a swing panel, provide manufacturer’s standard flat handle on the inside and on the outside and a lock set with a profile cylinder. Operation of lock set is by turn of key from the outside and from the inside with a two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of the handle.
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: Key operation from the inside may not meet egress requirements.]
[OR on main entry panel, provide manufacturer’s standard flat handle on inside only with concealed two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of handle.
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: Note that with this option, the main entry panel is operable from inside only and that there is no latch.]
SPECIFIER'S NOTE: Note that other compatible lever, L-shaped and push-pull handle styles and finishes are available from other suppliers.
2. On all other secondary panels, provide manufacturer’s standard flat handles [OR removable custodial handles] and concealed two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of handle. Face applied flush bolt locking will not be allowed.
3. Flat handle finish:
Stainless steel in a titanium black finish
[OR stainless steel in a brushed satin finish]
[OR dark brown powder coated]
[OR silver gray powder coated]
[OR other powder coated]
4. Provide handle height centered at 41 3/8” (1050 mm) [OR as specified] from bottom of panel.
5. Aluminum locking rods with fiber glass reinforced polyamide end caps at top and bottom. Rods to have a stroke of 15/16” (24 mm).
6. If there are more than one profile cylinder on the units for a project, keyed alike [OR keyed differently].
E. Sliding & Swinging Hardware: Provide manufacturer’s standard hardware.
1. For each sliding panel, provide 2 two/three wheeled, sintered bronze (oil impregnated) unidirectional sliding panel carriers with one wheeled, polyamide guide roller that is attached to the panels with stainless steel rods. Maximum carrying capacity of two carriers on a panel to be 330 lbs (150 kgs).
2. For each swing panel, provide manufacturer’s standard clear anodized aluminum hinges
[OR dark bronze anodized aluminum hinges]
3. Adjustment: Provide system capable of specified amount of adjustments without removing panels from tracks.
F. Other Components:
1. Weather stripping: Provide manufacturer’s standard double layer APTK at both the inner and outer edge of door panels or on frame for vertical sealing between panels and between panels and frame. Provide brush seals with flexible plastic web for all horizontal sealing. Single layerweather stripping will not be allowed.
2. Provide machine screws for connecting frame components.
A. Seal wood frame and panel wood members with a clear sand sealer or primer.
B. Use frame, tracks, threshold, stacking bays, panel profiles, hinges, sliding/swinging hardware, locking hardware and handles, glass and glazing and weather stripping as specified herein to make a single track sliding opening glass wall. Factory pre-assemble as is standard for manufacturer and ship with all components and installation instructions.
C. Sizes and Configurations: See drawings for selected custom dimensions within the maximum frame sizes possible as indicated in manufacturer’s literature. See drawings for selected number of panels, location of swing panels, and location of tracks and stacking bays.
2.04 ACCESSORIES (EDIT FOR PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.)
A. Provide other side lites, transoms, corner posts, or single or double doors as per drawings provided.
B. Provide theNanaScreen, a series of vertical, collapsible, pleated screen panels. Provide pleated screen material with floor tracking chain with 1/4” (5 mm) floor track. See drawings for selected number of panels and configuration.
Provide aluminum top track, side jambs, and vertical struts:
White powder coated
[OR clear anodized]
[OR dark bronze anodized]
[OR powder coated select from range of RAL powder coated finishes available from manufacturer].
NanaScreen installation within opening [OR extended beyond opening]