Part 2 - Products
A. NANA WALL SYSTEMS, INC.
100 Meadowcreek Drive Suite #250
Corte Madera, CA 94925
Toll Free: (800) 873-5673
Telephone: (415) 383-3148
Fax: (415) 383-0312
A. Frames and Panels: From manufacturer’s standard profiles, provide head tracks, stacking bays, side jambs, sliding panels, swing panels attached to side jamb, and sliding panels with incorporated swing panels with dimensions shown on drawings.
1. Provide clear anodized aluminum head track [OR aluminum head track with aluminum covers on both sides]
2. Provide panels with:
Standard one lite
[OR with horizontal mullion(s) at specified height(s) from the bottom of the panel]
[OR with simulated divided lites in pattern as shown on drawings].
3. Provide standard bottom rail [OR manufacturer’s standard kickplate with height specified].
4. Aluminum Extrusion: Extrusions with nominal thickness of .078” (2.0 mm). Alloy specified as AIMgSi0.5 with strength rated as 6063-T5 or F-22 (European standard). Anodized conforming to AAMA 611, powder coated conforming to AAMA 2604.
5. Panels thermally broken with 7/8” (22 mm) Polyamide plastic reinforced with glass fibers. Standard aluminum head jamb [OR standard aluminum head jamb with cover plates on both sides]. Polyamide plastic less than 7/8” (22 mm) wide or pour and de-bridge thermal break will not be accepted.
6. Aluminum Finish:
Select from Nana Wall Powder Coating Finish Chart of 50 standard colors
[OR clear anodized]
[OR select from range of RAL high gloss powder coated finishes available from manufacturer]
[OR select from range of RAL matte powder coated finishes available from manufacturer]
[OR custom finish].
Same [OR different] finishes on inside and outside.
1. All glass to comply with safety glazing requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16CFR 1201. Provide manufacturer’s standard glass with dry glazing with glass stops on the inside only:
Double insulating clear safety glass with either total thickness of 15/16" (24 mm) with each pane being 5/32" (4 mm) thick or total thickness of 1 1/8 " (28 mm) with each pane being 1/4” (6 mm) thick depending on panel size.
[OR Double insulating Low-E argon fill safety glass with either total thickness of 15/16" (24 mm) with each pane being 5/32" (4 mm) thick or total thickness of 1 1/8" (28 mm) with each pane being 1/4" (6 mm) thick depending on panel size]
[OR 1/4” (6 mm) tempered]
[OR 1 7/16” (36 mm) triple insulating Low E argon fill safety glass composed of 3 panes of 5/32” (4 mm) glass]
[OR 1 1/2” (38 mm) double insulating safety with Heat Mirror foil composed of 2 panes of 1/4” (6 mm) glass]
[OR other glass available from manufacturer, including glass with other total thickness]
2. Provide manufacturer’s standard silver gray finish [OR dark bronze] glass spacers. Provide without capillary tubes [OR with capillary tubes].
C. Locking Hardware and Handles:
1. Main entry panel:
On the main entry panel(s) for models with swing panel(s), provide manufacturer’s standard lever handles on the inside and outside and a Schlage compatible lock set with a lockable latch and multi-point locking with a dead bolt and rods at the top and bottom. Rods to be concealed and not edge mounted. After turn of key or thumbturn, depression of handles withdraws latch. Lifting of handles engages rods and turn of key or thumb turn engages deadbolt and operates lock. If there are inactive swing panels, provide matching dummy lever handles on both sides and concealed flush bolts that operates the rods at the top and the bottom.
Stainless steel lever handles in a titanium black finish
[OR stainless steel lever handles in a brushed satin finish]
[OR oil rubbed bronze solid brass lever handles]
[OR satin nickel solid brass lever handles]
[OR white solid brass lever handles]
[OR other compatible handles]
[OR on the main entry panel(s) for models with swing panel, provide manufacturer’s push/pull handles with separate lock set and dead bolt]
Push-pull handles in a brown nylon finish
[OR push-pull handles in a gray nylon finish]
[OR push-pull handles in a white nylon finish]
[OR push-pull handles in brushed stainless steel finish]
[OR other compatible handles
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: This option is recommended with a door closer.]
[OR on the main entry panel(s) for models with a swing panel(s), no hardware or locking to be provided by the manufacturer, but with field installed panic device by others.]
[OR on the sliding panel to be opened first for models without a swing panel, provide manufacturer’s standard L-shaped handle on the inside, flat handle on the outside and lock set with profile cylinder. Operation of lock set is by turn of key from the outside and with a thumbturn from the inside with a two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of the handle.]
Stainless steel L shaped handles in a titanium black finish
[OR stainless steel L shaped handles in a brushed satin finish]
[OR L shaped handles in a brown nylon finish]
[OR L shaped handles in a gray nylon finish]
[OR L shaped handles in a white nylon finish]
[OR other compatible handles]
[OR on the sliding panel to be opened first for models without a swing panel, provide manufacturer’s standard flat handle on the inside and on the outside and a lock set with a profile cylinder. Operation of lock set is by turn of key from the outside and from the inside with a two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of the handle.
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: Key operation from the inside may not meet egress requirements.]
[OR on main entry panel, provide manufacturer’s standard flat handle on inside only with concealed two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of handle.
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: Note that with this option, the main entry panel is operable from inside only and that there is no latch.]
2. On all other secondary panels, provide manufacturer’s standard flat handles [OR removable custodial handles] and concealed two point locking hardware operated by 180º turn of handle. Face applied flush bolt locking will not be allowed.
3. Flat handle finish:
Stainless steel in a titanium black finish
[OR stainless steel in a brushed satin finish]
[OR closest powder coat match to aluminum profile finish]
4. Provide handle height centered at 41 3/8’ [OR as specified] from bottom of panel.
5. Aluminum locking rods with standard fiber glass reinforced polyamide end caps at top and bottom. Rods to have a stroke of 15/16” (24 mm).
6. If there are more than one profile cylinder on the units for a project, keyed alike [OR keyed differently].
7. For any incorporated swing panel, provide crank handle stored in flap on panel stile to convert sliding panel to a swing panel and vice versa. Conversion Box located on upper arm or top rail to be polyamide in silver gray finish. If swing door to frame fixing hardware for operation of the incorporated door is above 7'0" provide with an integrated pole for single person operation. Operation above 7'0" should be easy to complete and not require additional mean to reach the fixing / locking mechanism other than the provided pole.
8. To ensure ease of operation and rigid security, only geared positive attachment to affix the swing door to the frame for incorporated swing doors will be accepted.
9. For pinch resistance, only rounded extrusions on the pivot side of incorporated swing panels are allowed.
D. Sliding & Swinging Hardware: Provide manufacturer’s standard hardware.
1. For each sliding panel, provide 2 two-three wheeled, sintered bronze (oil impregnated) unidirectional sliding panel carriers with a one wheeled, Polyamide guide roller that are attached to the panels with stainless steel rods. Maximum carrying capacity of two carriers on a panel to be 330 lbs (150 kgs).
2. Provide on all four corners of sliding panels and incorporated swing panels, thermally broken, die cast zinc multi-functional corner fittings with carrier connectors, male and female locking receptacles, hinges and hinge pins as required. Finish: Powder coated, closest match to finish of frame and panels.
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: Note that as corner connectors are only available in powder coated finishes, if anodized panel and frame finishes are selected, there may be aesthetic issues.
3. Provide on the pivot side corner of the upper arm of the top rail of the incorporated swing panel a circular cover in polyamide with a silver gray finish.
4. Adjustment: Provide system capable of specified amount of adjustments without removing panels from tracks.
E. Other Components:
1. Threshold: Provide thermally broken aluminum
Clear anodized flush sill
[OR bronze anodized flush sill]
[OR clear anodized Low Profile Saddle Sill]
[OR bronze anodized Low Profile Saddle Sill]
[OR clear anodized Surface Mounted Interior Sill (not thermally broken)]
[OR bronze anodized Surface Mounted Interior Sill (not thermally broken)]
[OR no sill but with adjustable clear anodized floor sockets].
2. Weather stripping: Provide manufacturer’s standard double layer APTK at both the inner and outer edge of door panels or on frame for vertical sealing between panels and between panels and frame. Provide brush seals with flexible plastic web for all horizontal sealing.Single layer weather stripping will not be allowed.
3. Provide machine screws for connecting frame components.
A. Use extruded aluminum frame and panel profiles, corner connectors and hinges, sliding hardware, locking hardware and handles, glass and glazing and weather stripping as specified herein to make a sliding glass wall. Factory pre-assemble as is standard for manufacturer and ship with all components and installation instructions.
B. Sizes and Configurations: See drawings for selected number and size of panels, location of swing panels, and location of tracks and stacking bays.
2.04 ACCESSORIES (EDIT FOR PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.)
A. Provide other side lites, transoms, corner posts, or single or double doors as per drawings provided.
B. Provide the NanaScreen, a series of vertical, collapsible, pleated screen panels. Provide pleated screen material with floor tracking chain with 1/4” (5 mm) floor track. See drawings for selected number of panels and configuration.
Provide aluminum top track, side jambs, and vertical struts:
White powder coated
[OR clear anodized]
[OR dark bronze anodized]
[OR select from range of RAL powder coated finishes available from manufacturer]
NanaScreen installation within opening [OR extended beyond opening]